If you need something to fix in a hurry or you don't have too much time to spend in the kitchen this is ideal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken breasts (preferably while still a bit frozen) into slices 1-2/3 thick, salt with the soy sauce or salt and let sit a few minutes while you fry the rice.
- 2Heat the oil in a baking tin on the stove.
- 3Add the rice and fry until it starts browning and then add the chicken for max 1-2 min.
- 4Add the mushrooms, the thyme, the mushroom marinade and 3 1/2 cups water or 4 cups water and the broth cube.
- 5Bake in the oven at medium heat until all the water evaporates (about 30 min); try the rice and if its not ready add some more water.
- 6Let cool a bit before serving.
- 7Goes very well with a bit of lemon juice on top or some cold plain yogurt on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken And Mushrooms On Rice
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 79.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 31.3 g