Recipe by Nelka
If you need something to fix in a hurry or you don't have too much time to spend in the kitchen this is ideal.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sterilized or fresh
- 2 skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup of the mushroom water or 1 mushroom stock cubes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- soy sauce or salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken breasts (preferably while still a bit frozen) into slices 1-2/3 thick, salt with the soy sauce or salt and let sit a few minutes while you fry the rice.
- Heat the oil in a baking tin on the stove.
- Add the rice and fry until it starts browning and then add the chicken for max 1-2 min.
- Add the mushrooms, the thyme, the mushroom marinade and 3 1/2 cups water or 4 cups water and the broth cube.
- Bake in the oven at medium heat until all the water evaporates (about 30 min); try the rice and if its not ready add some more water.
- Let cool a bit before serving.
- Goes very well with a bit of lemon juice on top or some cold plain yogurt on the side.