Recipe by threeovens
This recipe comes from the Lilydale company. They sell chicken and turkey. Silly me, I thought Lilydale might be a place in Australia. I said, silly me...
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 leek, white part only chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (such as thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary, chives)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg, whisked with 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a paper or plastic freezer bag, combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper; add chicken and shake to coat and season all the pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat; add seasoned chicken and brown well.
- Remove chicken and set aside; add onion and leek to pan and brown quickly.
- Remove onions and add mushrooms and herbs to pan; cook until softened, then remove from skillet.
- Add wine and half and half to skillet and boil 1 minute or until it begins to reduce and thicken.
- Return chicken, onions, and mushrooms; add stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Let chicken mixture cool, then spoon into 4 ramekins or pie plates; cut puff pastry into circles slightly larger than ramekins or pie plates.
- Brush the edges of the circle with some of the egg mixture (wash) and press down over ramekins to form a tight seal; brush pastry tops with egg wash.
- Place in oven and cook until pastry is golden brown, about 15 minutes.