Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Corn relish works if you don't like fruit chutney too.
- 4 slices toast bread, buttered
- 1 tablespoon fruit chutney
- 100 g shredded cooked chicken
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 50 g thinly sliced jarlsberg cheese
- pepper, to taste
- Place 2 bread slices, buttered-side down, on board, spread with chutney then top with chicken, shallots, carrot and Jarlsberg.
- Drizzle with the mayonnaise and season with the pepper.
- Place remaining 2 bread slices, buttered-side up, over filling.
- Place both sandwiches into heated large fry pan (or sandwich maker if you have one) cook until golden underneath, then turn and cook the other side until golden.
Wow - soooo great! I recently got a huge 2 lb chunk of "Farmhouse" cheese which has a slightly mild swiss kind of flavor so I've been making lots of Jarlsberg recipes with it. This sandwich is the best yet - I know I'll be making it a few more times while I still have this cheese! I used recipe #414191 for the chutney and I already had some shredded carrot in the fridge so just used what looked good. The only thing I did different was to add the mayo after the sandwich was toasted instead of before. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
This has just made a very tasty lunch though I didn't put in the fruit chutney (didn't have any). I cooked in the sandwich press and will certainly be making it again. Thank you SonyaS01 - made for Edition 2 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.