1 hr 45 mins
This is a fast easy way to make a delicious comfort food. This is a great dish to take when there is a "need to feed." This recipe was given to me by a good friend and excellent cook, Louise Bell.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) package burrito-size flour tortillas (I use Azteca super size soft flour tortillas found in the dairy section)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook chicken, debone and reserve broth.
- 2Cut stack of tortillas in 1/2 inch strips.
- 3In a large pot add 2 cans chicken broth, onion, salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil and cook until onions are translucent.
- 5Add soups, stir well and bring to a boil.
- 6Add chicken, stir well and bring to a boil.
- 7Simmer 5 minutes.
- 8Tear tortilla strips into bite size pieces, toss into pot and stir well.
- 9Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- 10If too thick, add reserved broth to desired consistency.
- 11If desired, transfer to crockpot to keep warm until serving.
- 12Freezes well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.5
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 1906.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 19.5 g