Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a fast easy way to make a delicious comfort food. This is a great dish to take when there is a "need to feed." This recipe was given to me by a good friend and excellent cook, Louise Bell.
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) package burrito-size flour tortillas (I use Azteca super size soft flour tortillas found in the dairy section)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook chicken, debone and reserve broth.
- Cut stack of tortillas in 1/2 inch strips.
- In a large pot add 2 cans chicken broth, onion, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add soups, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Tear tortilla strips into bite size pieces, toss into pot and stir well.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- If too thick, add reserved broth to desired consistency.
- If desired, transfer to crockpot to keep warm until serving.
- Freezes well.