Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a huge hit with the kids. Great on a cold winter day.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) box biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- Place oil, butter, potato, carrots, and celery in a large pot and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Add flour to the pan and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and stir.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and water.
- Drop prepared mix into the pot by tablespoons.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove cover; give the mixture a few good stirs.
- Stir in peas.
- Serve piping hot.
Really good recipe! This was so simple and fast to make. I would suggest using a reduced sodium chicken broth in this recipe. I used low sodium broth, and I thought the spices were just right.