1/4 Photos of Chicken and Coconut Curry
A very yummy, spicy, but not too hot chicken curry! If you can't find lemon grass, try using lemon balm, 2 leaves (chopped) for each stick called for. It's not the same, but it works beautifully! Marinating time is not included in the time estimate. Recipe harvested from the Internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 3 sticks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (130 g each)
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves or 4 dried kaffir lime leaves
- 1Cut chicken breasts into 2 cm pieces.
- 2Combine soy sauce, cumin, curry paste, turmeric, garlic, sweet chili sauce and lemon grass in a bowl.
- 3Add chicken and stir to coat well.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight (or during the day) to marinate.
- 5Place marinated chicken, peanut butter, coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves in a saucepan, bring mixture to boil and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 6Discard kaffir lime leaves.
- 7Serve with coconut rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.5
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1707.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste
sweet chili sauce
kaffir lime leaves