A very yummy, spicy, but not too hot chicken curry! If you can't find lemon grass, try using lemon balm, 2 leaves (chopped) for each stick called for. It's not the same, but it works beautifully! Marinating time is not included in the time estimate. Recipe harvested from the Internet.
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 3 sticks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (130 g each)
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves or 4 dried kaffir lime leaves
- Cut chicken breasts into 2 cm pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, cumin, curry paste, turmeric, garlic, sweet chili sauce and lemon grass in a bowl.
- Add chicken and stir to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or during the day) to marinate.
- Place marinated chicken, peanut butter, coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves in a saucepan, bring mixture to boil and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Discard kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve with coconut rice.