Basic Lemon Grass Curry Sauce
From an Asian website featuring Laotian, Cambodian and Thai recipes and cookbooks. It is a Cambodian recipe. Cook time does not apply to step 3, as your choice of vegetables or meat will dictate how long it will cook.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup lemongrass (sliced )
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon galangal (dried )
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 jalapeno chile (stemmed & seeded )
- 3 shallots
- 3 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 pinch salt or 1 pinch shrimp paste
- Puree together the lemon grass, garlic, galangal, turmeric, Jalape and shallots.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil and add the pureed ingredients, lime leaves, and salt and boil gently, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for about 30 minutes, or until lime leaves are tender and the sauce is creamy. Remove the leaves before serving.
- To prepare one portion, pour 1/2 cup of this curry sauce into a shallow vessel or a wok. Add 1/2 cup of meat or vegetables, bring to a medium boil and cook to desired degree.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The saucesis really nice and full of flavor. I wound up choosing to cook pork chunks in it, so added a little water as it was cooking because it was a tough pork shoulder. I added in some cauliflower and red onions. Once it was done it needed more oomph. I just drizzled in a little more if the curry sauce!Reply