1/2 Photos of Chicken and Cabbage Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
pink cook's Note:
This is a good combination of ingredients and flavors with a good result. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (I use McCormick with garlic)
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks (or use 4 drumsticks and 4 thighs)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons green bell peppers, chopped
- 4 tablespoons carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Mix flour and seasoned salt in a zip lock plastic bag.
- 3Add chicken drumsticks, two at a time into the bag. Lock and shake bag to coat chicken well.
- 4Add coated chicken to skillet. Cook, turning occasionally until browned.
- 5Place chicken in a medium baking dish prepared with oil spray and heat oven to 350ºF.
- 6Add chopped onion, green bell pepper and carrot to skillet. Cook until cripsy tender for about 5 minutes.
- 7Mix ketchup with undrained tomatoes, oregano, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- 8Add cabbage with vegetables and tomato sauce and mix well. Spoon over chicken.
- 9Cover dish with foil. Bake until chicken is cooked through for about 45 minutes and the cabbage is tender but not overcooked.
- 10Remove foil; sprinkle mozzarella over chicken. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
- 11NOTE: I made this recipe again, adding 4 tablespoons of chopped green peppers and carrots (instead of 2 tablespoons). Reduced the salt to 1/2 teaspoon and Mozzarella cheese to 1/2 cup. Thanks to the reviewers for their good suggestions.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Cabbage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.9
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 679.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: