Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice hearty meal that doesn't take a great deal to prepare. Fills you up and is excellent for diabetics. Use a ready-made barbecue chicken to make it easier.
- 1 1⁄2 cups spiral shaped pasta
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 (60 g) packetlite cream of chicken soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat tasty cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly spray olive oil over baking dish.
- Place pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook as per packet instructions.
- Drain well.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, onion and chicken and place in the baking dish.
- Mix together sour cream, milk, soup mix and salt and pepper if desired and pour over the pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden in colour.
Thanks so much for an easy and yummy tea! I used sliced chicken breast, replaced the soup mix with Basil Pesto (about a Tbsp) and also added cauliflower and carrot (as my husband loves veggies). FANTASTIC! Thanks also for having an Aussie way of measuring, as the American oz really confuses me!