Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
Make and share this Chicken and Bell Pepper Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded snd cut into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup cashews, toasted if desired
- hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sherry and black pepper; set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok/large skillet over high heat (do not let smoke).
- Add garlic and onion to the hot oil and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken strips, pepper strips and cashews; stir fry for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and the cashews and stir fry for an additional 3-4 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.