Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
Make and share this Chicken and Bell Pepper Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded snd cut into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup cashews, toasted if desired
- hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sherry and black pepper; set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok/large skillet over high heat (do not let smoke).
- Add garlic and onion to the hot oil and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken strips, pepper strips and cashews; stir fry for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and the cashews and stir fry for an additional 3-4 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.