Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
These look pretty on a plate and are easy to make. Use more or less asparagus to your taste.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 20 asparagus spears, trimmed (fresh)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Flatten chicken breasts slightly; wrap each around five asparagus spears and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a 9x13-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over bundles.
- Cover asparagus tips with foil; cover pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with the onions.
- Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear and asparagus is crisp-tender; remove bundles to serving platter and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir in pan juices.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove toothpicks from bundles; top with sauce.