Nancy's Pantry's Note:
Recipe is from Southern Living Magazine. An interesting take on a Mexican casserole using artichoke hearts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered (packed in water, rinsed and drained)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup homemade salsa (see below)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can ripe black olives, sliced (drained)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
For the salsa
- 1Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat on both sides. Remove from skillet and place chicken in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Top with artichoke hearts.
- 2For the salsa, combine all ingredients; cover and chill until ready to serve. Stir together the soup, 3/4 cup salsa, cumin and if desired, ground chipotle pepper and bell pepper. Pour sauce over chicken mixture; sprinkle with sliced olives.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Artichoke Ole'
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 1717.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 31.4 g