1/5 Photos of Chicken Alfredo With Crispy Bacon (Paula Deen)
A recipe that I thought sounded delicious from Paula Deen's Comfort Food Magazine. Posting for safe keeping. Update 10/17/2013: Made this for DH and myself, so I made 1/3 of the recipe, but still made 2 pieces of bacon (will even make more next time) and I added some additional heavy cream as we like it creamy. We loved the addition of the bacon, onion and garlic to the normal Chicken Alfredo, DH even went back for seconds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon (I would double this amount)
- 1 3/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (add more if you want it extra creamy)
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta (cooked and kept warm)
- 1/4 cup water (reserved water from boiling pasta)
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in drippings; add chicken broth. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken; shred meat.
- 3Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook for 7 minutes over medium-high heat or until onion is tender. Add shredded chicken to skillet, and stir in cream; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat; add cheese and parsley, stirring until cheese melts.
- 4Tossed cooked fettuccini with chicken mixture. Add enough reserved cooking liquid to reach desired consistency. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Alfredo With Crispy Bacon (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.8
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 276.3 mg
- Sodium 842.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 49.4 g