Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
YUMMY is all I have to say!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (chablis)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 (10 ounce) package rotini noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion and mushrooms in margarine until tender.
- Add wine, tarragon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan cook over low heat,cream or half and half,1 cup Swiss cheese and cream cheese until melted and smooth.
- Put cooked rotini noodles in a 2 or 3 quart casserole dish.
- Spread chicken mixture over the noodles.
- Pour the cheese mixture over all.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese.
- Bake covered at 325°F for 35-40 minutes.
This dish was very easy to make and was also very good. One thing though is that we left the salt out because my husband has high blood pressure. I believe it would have been better with it. The overall flavor was just a bit bland and i think an addition of a number of things (i.e. peppers or salt or more seasoning) could improve the taste.