Recipe by Theresa P
YUMMY is all I have to say!
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
This dish was very easy to make and was also very good. One thing though is that we left the salt out because my husband has high blood pressure. I believe it would have been better with it. The overall flavor was just a bit bland and i think an addition of a number of things (i.e. peppers or salt or more seasoning) could improve the taste.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (chablis)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 (10 ounce) package rotini noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion and mushrooms in margarine until tender.
- Add wine, tarragon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan cook over low heat,cream or half and half,1 cup Swiss cheese and cream cheese until melted and smooth.
- Put cooked rotini noodles in a 2 or 3 quart casserole dish.
- Spread chicken mixture over the noodles.
- Pour the cheese mixture over all.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese.
- Bake covered at 325°F for 35-40 minutes.