Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from Emeril's show. It takes a little time, but very good. My kids loved it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 biscuits, of chef's choice
- Heat the milk and cream over low heat and set aside keeping hot.
- In a deep skillet, melt the butter. Saute the mushrooms, onions and peppers until softened. Put the garlic in the pan with the vegetables and saute for another minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour while stirring the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes until the flour turns golden.
- Add the sherry and allow the alcohol to evaporate for about a minute.
- Pour in the milk and cream and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock, mix well again.
- Bring the pot to a gentle boil, and then reduce heat and stir until the sauce becomes thicker. Blend in the tarragon, salt and pepper. Take off the heat and keep warm.
- Beat the egg yolks until they look foamy. Spoon out a small amount of the white sauce and mix in with the egg yolks. With a whisk, stir in this egg mixture to the pot of white sauce. Add the chicken, parsley, and lemon juice and simmer the whole pot over low heat until heated through.
- Place warm biscuits halved on a plate and spoon the chicken sauce over them.