Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
To get the best flavor from this salad, you should chill it for 8 hours before serving to give the flavors more time to blend. From the Hilton Head Hospital's cookbook, Hilton Head, SC. Prep and cook time does not include the chill time.
- 2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (chick peas)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the chick-peas, tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, kalamata olives, parsley, green onions, and oregano in a bowl; toss. Set aside.
- Combine the oil and the remaining ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour the dressing over the chick-pea mixtre. Toss. Refrigerate for 8 hours. Serve at room temperature.
I made 1/2 the recipe using all red bell pepper. Skipped the salt and rinsed the beans and olives to remove any excess salt. I loved this!!! The crunch for the peppers, the creaminess of the chick peas, the saltiness of the olives, the sweetness of the tomatoes, and the tang of the dressing was perfect! Thanks!
A-1 salad. I love chick peas and this is a great way to enjoy them. I added some feta on top and found it to be very complimentry. Perfect!
This salad was a hit with my friends and family! Very flavorful! I used less about half the oil that it called for and it was still delicious. I poured leftovers on top of some leafy greens the next day to make a different salad and it also tasted great! Made for 123 Hits!