Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great for special treats and are popular with adults and children. They are fun for children to make themselves since they require no baking. From Annabel Karmel's First Meals. Refrigeration time is not included in prep time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 4 ounces white chocolate (or regular)
- Combine the oats, rice krispies, chopped apricots and nuts (if using) in a mixing bowl.
- Put the butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently. Add the chocolate and stir until melted. Stir the mixture into the dry ingredients until they are well coated.
- Press the mixture firmly into a shallow 11 x 7 lined pan. Place in refrigerator to cool. Cut into bars and keep refrigerated.