1/4 Photos of Chevy's Sweet Corn Tamalitos
1 hr 10 mins
Miss Erin's Note:
I started seeing this delightful little scoop of heaven on the edge of my plate at a few of the Mexican restaurants around town, so I decided make it at home. This recipe is actually the recipe they use at Chevy's, which I found published in the local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix the margarine, masa and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- 2Blend 1/2 the corn kernels with the water in a blender until smooth.
- 3Combine with margarine mixture, stirring well.
- 4Add the remaining corn, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and milk.
- 5Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- 6Pour the mixture into an 8-inch baking dish.
- 7Tightly cover with plastic wrap and set atop the saucepan of boiling water.
- 8Keep pan tightly wrapped and steam for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- 9Check water level often, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 10I have also made this in the oven, setting the pan in a water bath.
- 11I do not know the temp I had the oven on, or how long I kept it inches If anyone tries it, please add that info.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chevy's Sweet Corn Tamalitos
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 375.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g