Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, easy and delicious. To do this recipe justice, please use fresh crabmeat, not canned or imitation crab.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic is lightly golden.
- Add red pepper,lemon juice and white wine (or chicken broth). Bring to a soft boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Gently stir in crabmeat and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta. Save about 1/2 to 1 cup of pasta water to add to dish if there is not enough liquid to suit you or you could also add additional amount of wine or chicken broth.
Good recipe with some tweaks.
I halved the recipe, but kept the amount of garlic, lemon the same and used dried parsley since it's all I had on hand. I used chicken broth as well.
It turned out perfect with the doubled garlic and lemon.
I used imitation crab meat and quadrupled the garlic (fresh) and I thought this recipe was fantastic!!
This was good. It needed a little something in my opinion. I added a little parmesian and an extra clove of garlic. I still think it lacked something but I will try it again. My 3 year old and 17 month old loved it though!