Crab Stuffed, Crumbed, Chicken
I made these for dinner last night and thought they were excellent. I caught the crab, but you could use canned or imitation I guess
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 green onion, very finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1⁄4 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Mix together first 7 ingredients. Refrigerated about 20 minutes to firm up the mixture.
- Cut a slit in longest side of chicken fillet, lay open and fill with half the mixture,.
- Press edges together to seal.
- Carefully coat each side of breast in seasoned flour, shake excess off.
- Dip into egg, then into the crumbs, pressing gently to coat.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Pour oil into a shallow pan. Place the chicken breast in serving side down, coat in oil and turn over.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked through but still juicy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really flavourful and moist! The chicken breasts I used weren't really the best shape for stuffing and I did a terrible job of sealing them so I was suprised how well they held together and they cooked up nicely without leaking despite my gaps. Much enjoyed along with some simple mixed vegies.Reply
3 out of 4 thought this was great, DH felt there was too much spring onion and it came over a bit strong. I made for 4 and to get 1 1/2 cups of crab meat used 2 x 170gram tins and had enough filling for 6 breasts (the left overs were enjoyed on crackers by the DM and DS). I loved the ease of making in the oven. Thank you Jan - made for Swap #17 June 2008.Reply
Absolutely gorgeous, wow, so yummy ok said enough. I made a hollandaise sauce to go with this, so not needed, chicken was not only full of flavour but moist and tender. I was worried about that, hence the sauce. This was sooooo good. I did use fresh crab meat same as Jan, so can't comment on canned or immitation. I used panko flakes for the breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs) I served mine over spinach with mashed baby carrot, excellent. This was so good would highly recommend. Thanks for another great recipe Jan you never let me downReply
see 3 more