Recipe by Mom2Rose
This bread is delicious!
Top Review by mersaydees
This bread is delicious! An elegant alternative to the ubiquitous banana bread. Although it was moist, I might try adding a tablespoon or two of the residual cherry juice the next time. This baked up nice in my convection oven; I did start watching it closely after the first half hour based on the first reviewer's comments; it did not require a full hour to bake. Thanks, Mom2Rose! Made for Aussie Swap #17 - belated! :)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (reserve 1/4 cup of this for flouring the cherries)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweet cherries in juice, drained
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the 2 cups flour (set aside reserved 1/4 cup for cherries), baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a bowl.
- In a second bowl, toss the cherries with the reserved 1/4 cup flour.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy; add the sugar and honey gradually, beating the mixture until it is very light.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- With mixer at lowest speed, add the flour mixture.
- Fold the floured cherries into the batter.
- Turn the batter into a buttered and floured loaf pan, approximately 9 x 5 x 3 inches.
- Bake the bread in the center of the oven for 1 hour.
- Cool the loaf for 15 minutes in the pan; unmold the bread on a rack to cool completely.
- Wrap the cherry bread loaf in plastic wrap and keep for a day before serving for best flavor.