Recipe by Theresa P
This is a FUN cake to make! It is very moist and yummy--a kids and grown ups favorite alike. Believe it or not, this really does work. Serve with whipped cream--so good!
Top Review by janice in florida
This cake was a great surprise, for some reason I thought it would be really sweet but it turned out just right and it was so easy to make, my 9 year old son helped me. I forgot to buy whipped cream so I used vanilla hagen das instead it it was really Yummy. Thanks for a great new desert idea!
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put mini marshmallows in pan.
- Mix pie filling and Jello in small bowl and set aside.
- Make cake according to package directions and pour over marshmallows in pan.
- Drop pie filling and Jello mixture by spoonfuls over cake.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350.
- IT IS A SURPRISE WHEN MARSHMALLOWS COME TO THE TOP AND THE FILLING ENDS UP ON THE BOTTOM!