Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a FUN cake to make! It is very moist and yummy--a kids and grown ups favorite alike. Believe it or not, this really does work. Serve with whipped cream--so good!
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- Spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put mini marshmallows in pan.
- Mix pie filling and Jello in small bowl and set aside.
- Make cake according to package directions and pour over marshmallows in pan.
- Drop pie filling and Jello mixture by spoonfuls over cake.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350.
- IT IS A SURPRISE WHEN MARSHMALLOWS COME TO THE TOP AND THE FILLING ENDS UP ON THE BOTTOM!
This cake was a great surprise, for some reason I thought it would be really sweet but it turned out just right and it was so easy to make, my 9 year old son helped me. I forgot to buy whipped cream so I used vanilla hagen das instead it it was really Yummy. Thanks for a great new desert idea!
This recipe was so fun! My 6 and 9 year old daughters helped to make it and they couldn't wait until it was done to see how the cherries and marshmallows switched places. It was delicious, too. We ate it still warm...mmmmm! We'll make this often.
This is a fabulous cake! I used a yellow cake mix and it turned out fantastic. It made the whole house smell like cherries. The marshmallows made a sticky crunchy topping. My DH ate two huge pieces before it was even cool! Thanks for this great keeper!!