Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
There was a time when I was very much into cold fruit soups, & this is still one of my favorite recipes! The cherries amount to about 4 cups. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick, small
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sweet cherries, dark, pitted
- In a large heavy saucepan, stir together all the ingredients EXCEPT the cherries.
- Over medium heat, stir until thickened & smooth.
- Stir in cherries & cook for 1 minute.
- Pour into serving bowl, then cover & chill.
- Discard cinnamon stick before serving.
This was really easy and simple to prepare and I loved it very much. I didn't have a cinnamon stick so I used 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon and found that this was enough.
This is light and fruity, and oh, so good. It's also very quick and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly, except I used a 1lb. bag of frozen cherries and cooked them for a few extra minutes. Thanks so much for posting. I will make this again!
WOW. This is WONDERFUL! I made 2 servings which ended up filling three 1 cup ramekins. I used frozen cherries... so cooked them a few minutes. We ate this with some spicy food to help cool it off. This tastes very holidayish but is also very refreshing for the summer. I will be making this again. Thanks Syd! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.