Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
A la Nigella Lawson (ie, Domestic Diva)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspitted tart cherries, drained and reserving 1/2 cup juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Combine cherry juice, food coloring, almond extract and lemon juice.
- Add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add cherries and mix well again.
- Add butter and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour into pie crust and finish top with lattice work pie crust.
- Bake 50-55 minutes at 400 degrees.