Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Such flavoursome ingredients! I've not yet made this, but it sounds so delicious! I'm posting it for the 2005 Zaar World Tour. I found this recipe in the November 2005 issue of the Australian magazine 'Table: easy family food for every day of the week'.
Top Review by Dienia B.
i added 1/4 cup butter just cause i couldnt make this bread like cake without it . i cooked it at 350 for 25 minutes start checking at 20 minutes . its very good thank you bluemoon for posting
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups pitted cherries, plus extra, to serve
- 1 cup cream, whipped, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease and line a 22cm round springform pan.
- Combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Fold in the combined flour, baking powder and salt, and stir in the pecans and cherries.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan and level the top; and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean and the top is fudgy and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into wedges and serve with the whipped cream and cherries.