Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from the 1955 cookbook, Germany Cookery & is included here to plump up my Deutsch recipes cookbook for the Zaar World Tour 6.
- 4 rolls
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 lb cherries
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (again)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak rolls in cold water, then squeeze them as dry as you can before breaking them up.
- Thoroughly mix rolls with flour, eggs, milk & the 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Pit the cherries, then cut each in half & fold them into the batter.
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat then drop spoonfuls of batter onto the butter, browning the pancakes for several minutes on first one side & then the other.
- Mix together the 2 tablespoons of sugar & the cinnamon, & serve the pancakes topped with a sprinkling of this cinnamon sugar.
A nice way to use up some recently bought cherries. Great cherries and cherry flavor in every bite. Though I only cooked for 3 instead`of 4, the kids and enjoyed them very much. Made for Market tag.
Love fresh cherries, and I think I got some from the first delivery to our market! Not a better way to fix them. This will go into my "Fabulous Ways with Cherries" cookbook. Thnx for posting, Syd. Made for the Voracious Vagabonds for ZWT6.