Recipe by KennKonn
This is my grandma's recipe. I remember her making it but never paid attention to the time it took in the oven. Grandma never timed anything, it was done when it was done. My suggestion, insert a tooth pick into center when it comes out clean it is done.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Seperate eggs, 2 egg whites and one whole egg.
- Add well beaten eggs and milk--.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Mix well and add cherries, nuts and vanilla.
- Mix lightly and pour into a well greased pan.
- Medium oven (350) till top is a nice shade of brown.