Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1⁄2 cup candied red cherries or 1⁄2 cup green glazed cherries, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Continue cooking without stirring, till candy thermometer reaches hard crack stage (300 F.).
- Meanwhile, in 13x9x2-inch baking dish, combine nuts and cherries.
- Heat in 350 oven for 10 minutes; keep warm.
- When syrup reaches 300 F.
- stir in nuts, cherries, butter and vanilla until butter melts.
- Immediately pour onto buttered jellyroll pan.
- Spread quickly, with wooden spoon.
- Place pan on cooling rack.
- Let stand about 1-1/2 hours.
- Loosen and break into pieces.