Recipe by Baby Kato
I love cherry mint lemonade, so this tea sounds wonderful to me. A friend gave me this recipe to try. I hope you will enjoy.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very refreshing. I subbed 1/4 cup agave nectar for the sugar. As is, the flavor was great, but I am going to try it with the amounts of lemon juice and cherry juice reversed next time for a mor pronounced cherry flavor. Great use for the fresh mint in my garden.
- 4 teaspoons loose green tea leaves
- 10 sprigs of fresh mint
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup cherry juice
- ice cube (2 trays fill glass)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steep the loose tea and mint in the 5 cups of boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea mixture and allow to cool on the counter till needed.
- Add the sugar to the remaining 3 cups of boiling water.
- Stir until the sugar is all dissolved.
- Pour the sugar water into a pitcher and place on the counter to cool.
- Once the sugar mixture has cooled add the fruit juices, followed by the tea mixture.
- Chill in the fridge, stir well and serve in a tall glass over ice.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.