Recipe by kittycara
This is a nice change from other cakes....easy to fix too.
Top Review by mpearsol
This was wonderful! Although, if using a 13x9 pan, it requires 2 cans of 21 ounce cherry pie filling (plus I used about 2/3 cup of salted butter). Now, I omitted the pecans and used a 15.25 ounce box of Duncan Hines yellow cake mix with 3 ounces of unsweetened coconut shavings and several dashes of cinnamon; also, be sure to bake for the entire hour, it should turn out perfectly!
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread the pie filling in the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle the pie filling with the lemon juice.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients to a nice crumble.
- Pour onto the top of the pie filling.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour or until nicely golden brown.