Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice change from other cakes....easy to fix too.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread the pie filling in the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle the pie filling with the lemon juice.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients to a nice crumble.
- Pour onto the top of the pie filling.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour or until nicely golden brown.
This was wonderful! Although, if using a 13x9 pan, it requires 2 cans of 21 ounce cherry pie filling (plus I used about 2/3 cup of salted butter). Now, I omitted the pecans and used a 15.25 ounce box of Duncan Hines yellow cake mix with 3 ounces of unsweetened coconut shavings and several dashes of cinnamon; also, be sure to bake for the entire hour, it should turn out perfectly!
I made this for the Summer 2007 Pick A Chef. I enjoyed this way too much!! I can not make this again EVER. I can not have this in my house. I will eat it all. This was extremely easy and wonderfully delicious. I did not include the pecan pieces. This was not incredibly sweet, yet it was sweet. It was wonderful with Ice Cream also. I believe that this could be used with pretty much any fruit pie filling. I want to extend master Kudos to recipe and kittycara.
i made this for an office luncheon. we set up at 11:30 and planned to start at noon but when i arrived half of this was already missing and everyone was talking about how delicious it was. i never did get a taste except for a few crumbs :) thanks for a quick easy recipe. i made this in a square 8" pan and baked it for 40 minutes.