Great for breakfast or brunch!
Make and share this Cherry Crumb Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons butter or 3 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, use your favorite
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients except pie filling. Beat well.
- Spread half of the batter in a greased 13 x 9" baking pan. Spread cherry pie filling over batter. Cover with remaining batter.
- For topping: combine all ingredients except.
- butter and nuts in a small mixing bowl. Cut in butter. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 350º about 45 minutes until cake springs back when lightly pressed with finger.