Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
From Taste of Home. My mom made this for Christmas several years ago. It is a very easy recipe but looks impressive. Plan ahead; this recipe needs to chill overnight and then an additional 2 hours after the final step the next day.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons white grape juice or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- toasted sliced almonds, and (optional)
- additional whipped cream (optional)
- Split lady fingers lengthwise; brush with juice. Place a layer of lady.
- fingers around the sides and over the bottom of a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add sugar and 1/2 teaspoon extract. Beat on medium for 1 minute.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread half over crust.
- Arrange remaining lady fingers in a spoke-like fashion.
- Spread evenly with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Combine the pie filling and remaining extract; spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with almonds and whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 16-18 servings.