Recipe by 2Bleu
A simple quick dish to make and enjoy
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This pudding is a winner! I have looked at this recipe about 15 times before I finally decided to just go for it. I am so glad I did. It is very simple to make, even the vanilla bean part. It's like a nice rice pudding, with a bit more texture - which we all loved. It's not as mushy as they can be. I used craisins in place of the cherries. I think this would be even more yummy using some whipping cream for the milk if you have it. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous, steamed
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk, sugar and cherries in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer, remove from heat, cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Scrape pulp from vanilla bean and add to milk. Whisk to combine. Pour mixture over couscous in bowl and add yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 custard cups, sprinkle with cinnamon and refrigerate for 1 hour.