Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
A simple quick dish to make and enjoy
Make and share this Cherry Couscous Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous, steamed
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat milk, sugar and cherries in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer, remove from heat, cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Scrape pulp from vanilla bean and add to milk. Whisk to combine. Pour mixture over couscous in bowl and add yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 custard cups, sprinkle with cinnamon and refrigerate for 1 hour.
This pudding is a winner! I have looked at this recipe about 15 times before I finally decided to just go for it. I am so glad I did. It is very simple to make, even the vanilla bean part. It's like a nice rice pudding, with a bit more texture - which we all loved. It's not as mushy as they can be. I used craisins in place of the cherries. I think this would be even more yummy using some whipping cream for the milk if you have it. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)
I made this between Christmas and New Year and after consulting Bleu I used black currants in place of cherries as I still have a small ton of them. I really enjoy this sort of dish and this was no exception. I used more cinnamon just because I love it and Splenda for the sugar. The milk and yogurt were both fat free. I did find that it needed more milk before serving. I added about 2/3 cup and it was absorbed at once. This recipe makes a lot and for me it will be 6 to 8 servings. Thanks for posting this Bleu. Made for Photo Tag.