Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Cherry Cordial Hot Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- 5 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry juice, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- maraschino cherry, with stems
- Heat the milk, half-and-half, chocolate syrup, and 7 tablespoons cherry juice in a large pan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Beat whipping cream using an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar and remaining cherry juice; beat until soft peaks form.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs and serve with whipped cream on top; garnish with a cherry.
WOW! Rich and sweet--who could ask for anything more. Made for Comfort Cafe Winter 2010.
Well, if this wasn't a taste treat! Probably won't have this often, as it is very, very rich. But some every now and then won't hurt, now will it? Thnx for sharing your recipe, ratherbeswimmin'. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.
This is perfect. Heaven in a cup. I will make this forever and maybe whip up a mocha version. Thanks for sharing ratherbeswimmin'!