1/1 Photo of Cherry Bread Pudding
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Another find from MSN. This looks really yummy, and can't wit to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat dried cherries and 3/4 cup water to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until cherries are tender.
- 2Meanwhile, grease shallow 3-quart casserole. Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices.
- 3In very large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, egg whites, and eggs until well blended. Drain cherries, adding any liquid to egg mixture. Set cherries aside. Add bread slices to egg mixture; let soak 10 minutes, carefully turning slices occasionally for even soaking.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange enough bread slices in bottom of casserole, in one layer, pushing slices together, to cover bottom. Sprinkle all but 1/4 cup cherries over bread in casserole. Arrange remaining bread, overlapping slices to fit, on top. Pour any egg mixture remaining in bowl over bread in casserole.
- 5Bake bread pudding 1 hour and 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, covering loosely with foil during last 10 to 15 minutes of baking if top of pudding begins to brown too quickly. Top with remaining cherries. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if you like. Serve warm. Or, refrigerate to serve cold later.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 281.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 10.5 g