1 hr 5 mins
from "Joelen's Culinary Adventures" - http://joelens.blogspot.com/2009/06/cherry-balsamic-braised-stuffed-chicken.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 stalk fresh rosemary
- 4 -5 stalks fresh thyme
- 1Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until cherries soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese, fresh herbs and heavy cream to create an herbed goat cheese mixture; set aside as this will be stuffed inside the chicken breast.
- 4Prepare your chicken by creating a pocket for the stuffing. Using a sharp paring knife, make a slit into the side of the chicken breast, cutting along one edge of the chicken. The slit should be about 2-3 inches, depending on how large your chicken breasts are. To fill your chicken breasts, place 1/4 of the herbed goat cheese mixture inside the slit of each breast. Season the chicken breast with salt & pepper to taste and set aside.
- 5Prepare your skillet by heating up the oil and butter on high heat. Carefully place the chicken in the skillet and gently brown on all sides. Place the browned chicken in a baking dish and carefully pour the cherry balsamic braising sauce around the chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- 6Plate chicken and pour glaze over each piece.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Balsamic Braised Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.9
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 223.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: