Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Using canned fruit for the filling makes this a quick and easy dessert. Serve warm with ice cream.
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
I wanted a warm dessert and since I had a can of cherry pie filling and apples, I decided to make this recipe. Boy am I glad I did! The aroma as it was baking was wonderful and the taste is out of this world! I know I'll make this one again very soon!
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced apples in syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine filling ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together the oats, flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spoon half the filling into a 2 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle half the topping mixture over the filling in the dish.
- Repeat layers with the remaining cherry and topping.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.