Recipe by Tina A
Big bowl of YUM! I can't take credit for this one & can't remember who gave me the recipe. Great for pot-lucks. You may substitute chunk pineapple instead of crushed if you like.
Top Review by Lucila H.
This is soooo simple to make, and tasted great as is... I couldn't help myself though, and I added fresh pitted dark cherries, fresh blueberries, and a dash of shredded sweetened coconut. But why stop there when you make it as a pot luck for the fourth of July?! I poured the mixture into a 13' pyrex baking pan, then topped it with more blueberries, a dash of coconut, sliced strawberries, and mini marshmallows to resemble the American flag. Patriotic, delicious, and the biggest hit at the family get together! Thank you do much for the starter recipe! Honestly, it tasted great by itself... I had just come home from a trip to the store and had a lot of fresh berries on hand. :)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drain juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip (the large tub)
- 2 -4 ounces pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In huge bowl mix all ingredients until blended well. (I'm not crazy about nuts, so I only use a small bit of pecans.).
- Variations: add another can of cherry pie filling and/or cocount flakes.
- If you can resist, it is best after chilled for a couple of hours.