Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a rich, yummy recipe that I got off the side of a Betty Crocker Cherry Chip cake mix!
Top Review by mommyoffour
Oh my gosh. This is delicious! It tastes like it has far more ingredients then just 5 and its so easy to make. Its really really good. I couldn't find cherry frosting so I subbed in vanilla frosting with cherry flavoring added.....worked like a charm. Thank you so much for sharing with delicious dessert with us.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box cherry chip cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ready to spread cherry frosting
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat cake mix (dry) and margarine in large bowl on low speed until crumbly. Reserve one cup.
- Press remaining crumbly mixture in bottom of ungreased rectangular 13x9x2 pan.
- Beat cream cheese and frosting in same bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in eggs until well blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with cup of crumbly mixture.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.