Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such a simple yet delicious soup to make. The dill is what makes it complete. I tweaked it just a little for extra flavor.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
- 2 quarts water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- In large pot, combine the chicken, water, onion and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover; and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in pecans and dill and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- You can add more bouillon or dill to your taste.
- Serves 6.
- (Prep time includes cooking the chicken. I like to use skinless, boneless chicken thighs.).