Recipe by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
Here is a tasty use for Summer's bounty of tomatoes. We especially like this as an addition to any pasta dish that we are having. It's also a good accompaniment to a main dish salad in the Summer months.
- 1 baguette-style French bread, split in half lengthwise
- 1 (4 ounce) jarlawry's ready to spread garlic spread
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each half of baguette with the garlic spread.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Wrap each half loosely in foil.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 25 or 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut crosswise into thick slices.
- NOTE: If you cannot find Lawry's garlic spread (it does make life easier though, and I grew up on it) you can spread each slice with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt, or melt some butter over low heat and steep finely minced garlic cloves in it and spread that over your baguette.