1/4 Photos of Cheez-It Chicken With Mushroom Sauce
This started out as a "Ritz Cracker Chicken" recipe I got from Facebook, but as often happens to me, it turned into something a bit different. Regardless of it's inauspicous start, this turned out FANTASTIC and it will be one of my staples for the dinner rotation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups Cheez-It crackers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 0.5 (7/8 ounce) envelope Good Seasons garlic and herb seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon college inn culinary broth, White Wine & Herbs (optional)
- 1Cut chicken breasts into halves or thirds, depending on their size.
- 2Whisk the eggs and half & half together and pour into a large flat bowl or pan.
- 3Combine the Cheez-it crackers and salad dressing mix in a food processor and process until the crackers are reduced to fine crumbs, then pour into a separate dish.
- 4Pour the shredded cheese into a third dish.
- 5Dip each chicken piece in the milk mixture, then in the cheese (you will have to press the cheese onto the chicken), then in the cracker crumbs.
- 6As each piece is coated, arrange it into a baking dish (one with a rack is ideal).
- 7Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 8Remove cover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until tops are nicely browned.
- 9Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in 2 T of the butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- 10Stir in the soup, sour cream, broth and remaining 2 T of butter and heat through.
- 11To serve, ladle the sauce over the chicken pieces (the sauce is fantastic on rice or mashed potatoes too).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheez-It Chicken With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.7
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 267.7 mg
- Sodium 830.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Good Seasons garlic and herb seasoning mix
cream of chicken and mushroom soup