Cheez-It Fried Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
2 pounds of chicken
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 lbs fryer chickens, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 cups sunshine Cheez-It crackers, crushed to fine crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt or 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- Clean, wash, and dry chicken.
- In shallow pan, combine Cheez-It® Cracker crumbs with salt, oregano, and celery salt.
- Roll pieces of chicken in crumbs until well coated.
- Dip chicken in mixture of egg and milk.
- Roll again in remaining crumbs until well coated.
- In a large fry pan, brown chicken a few pieces at a time, in shortening.
- When all pieces are browned, arrange back in fry pan.
- Cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This chicken was very good, but the coating didn't stay on very well. I didn't make the whole amount of chicken called for and I'm glad for that reason alone. However, the coating had very good flavor. I followed the recipe exactly as written except for not using all of the chicken pieces, so I don't know what the problem was. Thanks for posting the recipe, though.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In Memory of Maxie, a beloved pet who we love and miss so very much. Our sweet Maxie was a black lab who wss put to sleep because of stomache cancer. 1997 - October 31, 2007 In Memory of Cheech, a beloved pet who we love and miss so much. March 1996 - July 9, 2005 In memory of Tanner, a beloved pet I love and miss you. July 15, 1999 - February 14, 2004 I live in Missouri, USA. I am a stay at home mom to 2 boys. Chance - January 1999 and Blake April 2005. My favorite cookbooks are: Kitchen Secrets by Reader's Digest, The Phillsbury Cookbook, Cambell's Favorite Recipes, Dinner On Hand by Kraft, The Complete Holiday Cookbook, Taste of Home Cookbooks, and a few family cookbooks. My favorite recipe sites are: Recipe_Center (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Recipe_Center/), Classy Clones (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Classy_Clones/), www.Recipezaar.com, www.Cooking.com, www.MyMeals.com, www.Cambellkitchen.com, www.copykat.com, www.verybestbaking.com, www.allrecipe.com, www.recipesource.com and www.topsecretrecipes.com I have 3 pets. Oreo, male cat Drake, Yellow Koi (fish) Rocky, Turtle