Taken from Quick Cooking Magazine, even people who hate zucchini enjoy this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 medium zucchini, diced, about 6 cups
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 dgrees.
- 2Butter a 2-qt baking dish.
- 3In a large skillet, heat about 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add in zucchini, garlic, onion, dried basil and cayenne (if using) saute stirring until crisp-tender; drain well.
- 5In a bowl combine tomatoes, Velveeta cheese cubes, breadcrumbs, eggs and dried parsley flakes; mix to combine, then stir into the zucchini mixture.
- 6Stir 1-2 tablespoons butter.
- 7Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- 8Transfer to a baking dish.
- 9Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Zucchini-Tomato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 268.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: