Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Taken from Quick Cooking Magazine, even people who hate zucchini enjoy this!
Make and share this Cheesy Zucchini-Tomato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 medium zucchini, diced, about 6 cups
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Set oven to 350 dgrees.
- Butter a 2-qt baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat about 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in zucchini, garlic, onion, dried basil and cayenne (if using) saute stirring until crisp-tender; drain well.
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, Velveeta cheese cubes, breadcrumbs, eggs and dried parsley flakes; mix to combine, then stir into the zucchini mixture.
- Stir 1-2 tablespoons butter.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.