1/1 Photo of Cheesy Vegetable Soup
Photo Momma's Note:
My favorite soup recipe ever! My mom got this out of Country Woman magazine years ago, and I still beg her to make it for me now that I'm grown with two kids. It is simply delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In a large saucepan, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- 2Add water, vegetables and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, paprika and pepper until smooth.
- 4Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add to soup and heat through.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 401.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.5 g