Recipe by cookingpompom
Us Aussies love sausages: great on a BBQ and kids love them too. I always cook extra and make this the next night. For the vegetables, I use whatever is in season (because veggies in season are always cheaper). This re-heats well the next day
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Excellent risotto! I have never baked a risotto before and was unsure about how it would turn out, but the result was a great surprise. It turned out beautifully and was quite easy to prepare. I grilled my sausages and then cut them into wheels, adding peas, carrots and flat leafed parsley. Thanks for a terrific meal. Made for ZWT 8 :)
- 6 -8 cooked sausages
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 425 g tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups vegetables (chopped)
- 1 cup grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the sausages into wheels and set aside.
- In a large pot heat the oil and fry the onions.
- Add the garlic, sausages, rice, veggies and tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the water and broth.
- Trasnsfer to a LARGE oven proof pan with a lid.
- Bake in a 200oC oven for 35-40 minutes (enough time to bath the kids!).
- Remove from the oven, stir in the cheese.