Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients an mix thoroughly.
- Shape into patties, links, or crumble into skillet and brown over medium heat.
- Mixture may be made in advance up to 36 hours and let sit in the refrigerator to absorb the flavors, or can be shaped and frozen until ready to use (do not re-freeze previously frozen ground turkey). Thaw in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is so good. I like the concept of making my own turkey sausage. I tried another recipe but wasn't impressed. I was planning on taking some time to experiment with ingredients to come up with my own recipe, but I hadn't yet when I saw this one. The spices are perfect. ( I did add a little sage - not sure what a difference it made)I'll use this in a lot of different ways. I made this yesterday and mixed it with a little gravy, topped it with potatoes and baked it for about 40 minutes. (something I would never do with pork sausage, because of the fat content) Thanks again for a great recipe!