Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
From Best Loved Casseroles. Its soooooooo good! Remember microwave oven times may vary. You could add chicken or beef and make this an entre' also.
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup taco blend cheese, divided
- Combine rice and 2/3 cup French Fried onions in large bowl.
- Spoon half of the rice mixture into microwavable 2 quart shallow casserole.
- Spread sour cream over rice mixture.
- Layer half of the salsa and half of the cheese over sour cream.
- Sprinkle with remaining rice mixture, salsa and cheese.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cups onions.
- Microwave 1 minute or until onions are golden.
This is truly a teen's food. They gobbled it up! I don't know whether it was the salsa or the combination of french fried onions and cheese that didn't agree with me. This is probably no fault of the recipe. Everyone has individual tastes and this satisfies some. Thanks for posting. I am sure this one will got to college with our son.