My family prefers red potatoes to any other and I am constantly trying to come up with new ways to incorporate them into recipes. I put this recipe together and they raved about this dish so I thought I would post it for others to share. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Rinse and cut potatoes into quarters.Put in saucepan with water and bring to boil and cook 10 minutes.While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon pieces with onion until bacon is browned, but does not need to be crispy.
- 3Drain potatoes and in a large mixing bowl, add the bacon, onion and the bacon grease to the potatoes.Add all spices and toss to coat then add the cheese and toss again.
- 4Place potatoes in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- 5Remove and cool 5 minutes before serving -- my family was too eager and burned their mouths on the spuds right out of the oven.
- 6Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 7Note: You can substitute Mrs Dash for the salt with good results.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Red Potato Bake
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.1
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 1146.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 22.9 g