Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family prefers red potatoes to any other and I am constantly trying to come up with new ways to incorporate them into recipes. I put this recipe together and they raved about this dish so I thought I would post it for others to share. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and cut potatoes into quarters.Put in saucepan with water and bring to boil and cook 10 minutes.While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon pieces with onion until bacon is browned, but does not need to be crispy.
- Drain potatoes and in a large mixing bowl, add the bacon, onion and the bacon grease to the potatoes.Add all spices and toss to coat then add the cheese and toss again.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove and cool 5 minutes before serving -- my family was too eager and burned their mouths on the spuds right out of the oven.
- Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- Note: You can substitute Mrs Dash for the salt with good results.
These were great! I made them last night and DH and I both loved them. The only thing I changed was I used Monchego cheese because I did not have the cheddar or the jack. Delish, a keeper that I will make all the time. Leslie
I have used this recipe numerous times and always have had good success. Dinner guests always want the recipe. My family loves it. I do sometimes spice up the seasonings a bit with Paul Prudhommes Magic seasoning. I also pour about a half cup of milk over the top of everything before putting it in the oven. Very easy to make. Allow to cool for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Great taste. Works with all kinds of potato's but is best with reds.