Recipe by meebsmom
My family prefers red potatoes to any other and I am constantly trying to come up with new ways to incorporate them into recipes. I put this recipe together and they raved about this dish so I thought I would post it for others to share. Enjoy!
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces before frying
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced parsley or 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and cut potatoes into quarters.Put in saucepan with water and bring to boil and cook 10 minutes.While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon pieces with onion until bacon is browned, but does not need to be crispy.
- Drain potatoes and in a large mixing bowl, add the bacon, onion and the bacon grease to the potatoes.Add all spices and toss to coat then add the cheese and toss again.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove and cool 5 minutes before serving -- my family was too eager and burned their mouths on the spuds right out of the oven.
- Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- Note: You can substitute Mrs Dash for the salt with good results.