Frozen Fruit Cups
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
16 1-cup servings
- 16 ounces frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 12 ounces pineapple-orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, undrained
- 6 bananas, diced (yellow but not too ripe)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 16 ounces frozen blueberries
- Combine all ingredients in a very large bowl.
- Freeze in 1-cup increments.
- Thaw slightly before serving, to a slushy consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love this recipe. It makes a LOT! I just take out a container, throw it in my lunch bag and have it either mid-morning or at lunch. It's slushy goodness. About to make another batch for the next couple of weeks. So good and easy. My store was out of the pineapple-orange concentrate, so I used pineapple-mango and I NEVER buy sweetened fruit (why do people add sugar to something that is already inherently sweet???), so my strawberries were unsweetened. But otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It's awesome!
My 10 year old daughter declared this the best thing she's ever eaten, and she has a very mature palate. I found it to be one of the most fun things to make! I felt such satisfaction with my one-cup freezable containers stacked with this delicious mixture. Rather than pineapple-orange juice, I used 12 oz fruit punch concentrate and 12 oz orange juice concentrate. I also drained the mandarin oranges since I had already added extra juice. Turned out fantastic! Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <br /><br /><br /><a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view?t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008" /></a></p>